Search engines use a number of algorithms to rank a website. The authority of the website is one of the primary factors for ranking a website high and search engines determine whether or not a website is valuable and relevant by evaluating the links to the website.
Links are seen as votes. If Page 1 links to Page 2, search engines consider that Page 1 is voting for Page 2 and that Page 2 has valuable content. If Page 2 receives many such links to it from other high-value websites, it is valued and ranked high as a result. Links also help a website by sending valuable traffic to the site, because they are considered an effective way of identifying the expert web pages on a given subject.
Links to a website can be earned naturally, for its content and relevance, or it can be earned by ’Link Building’. The actions carried out for increasing the number and quality of links to your website is termed as link building.
Link building has one of the highest priorities among SEO strategies for search ranking and attracting more traffic, and requires much planning and marketing.
Not all links have the same value. Unfortunately, a lot of companies offering link building services provide spam links, which have the least value. If you are building links to your website, you should understand the quality of different links. The attributes of measuring a link are:
- Links from a globally popular and important website are valued more.
- Links from topic-specific website are valued more than general or off-topic sites.
- Links from websites which have anchor text with the right keywords are ranked high.
- Links from highly trusted domains such as universities, government websites, etc., rank high.
- Link neighborhood (links from/to your website) indicating spam websites have the least value.
- Links decay over time; it is important to continue earning links to rank high for them.
Link Building Strategies
Though link building strategies should be varied and unique for each website, some of the common strategies are:
- Getting your customers to link to your website
- Creating content that invokes natural sharing and linking (‘linkbaiting’)
- Earning the attention of the media by being newsworthy
- Findings directories or listings of relevant resources
Link building strategies can be grouped under 3 categories:
- Natural, Editorial Links – relevant, original and unique content
- Manual Link Building – emailing bloggers, submitting to directories, etc.
- Self-Created, Non-Editorial Link Building – blog comments, forum signatures, etc. (lowest value links, aggressive use by a site may even lead to penalization)
Roemin Link Building Services, Australia
Roemin Creative Technology, Melbourne, provides quality links to your website through top-notch link building services in Australia. Link building requires a lot of planning and marketing strategies, and is a time-consuming process. We help you concentrate on your business by offering you effective link building services.
We have a team of skilled professionals planning and implementing quality links. Our team is adept at developing effective, specific and unique link building services for your website.
We ensure that links to your website come from relevant, trusted and popular websites. We also check and re-check links to eliminate low quality and spam links to your website.
With our link building services, your website will rank high in the search engine results page and will attract more valuable visitors.
Contact us to improve your site ranking and traffic now.