EFFECTIVE USES OF SOCIAL MEDIA
“Social media is any online media platform that provides content for users and also allows users to participate in the creation or development of the content in some way”
Social media can be termed as a “digital word of mouth”, which can be analyzed and measured. It is an effective two-way communication process, especially because of the high number of social network users. It is known that 3 out of 4 people use social networks on a daily basis. Social networks have also replaced email as the number one activity on the web
Social Media for Business
93% of social media users believe that organisations should have a presence on the social media platforms. With some social media tools, it is possible to exactly segment and target the market and reach out to the desired audience, thereby offering high flexibility, high focus and better ROI than traditional communication media.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin provide an opportunity for a company to interact with the “society” on a regular basis.
Social Media platforms can be used for:
- Achieving Top Of The Mind Recall
- Reaching out to clients and prospects
- Providing a platform for interaction between the company and its stakeholders
- Receiving real-time appreciation and feedback
- Offering a reliable source of information
- Drive traffic to the official website
- For industry networking
- Communicating information about events and news
- Acting as a mouthpiece for the company
- Commenting on the latest happenings in the market/ sector
- Sharing news and company updates
- Sharing videos, media releases, online resources and any form of electronic material
Social Media Tools vs. Social Media Strategy
With so many social media tools available on the Internet, one can easily feel overwhelmed and tend to believe that they have missed the social media bus. Keeping up with all these platforms, learning its tricks and tips and implementing them for business seem like a herculean task for marketers who even have offline and traditional marketing initiatives to manage.
In such a scenario, one would do well to realize that it is far more important to have a sound Social Media Strategy than having a presence across the various platforms.
If there is a buzz about your business, it should be put to use through a perfectly placed, well-guided and thoroughly evaluated social media strategy.
Developing a Social Media Strategy
Developing and leveraging an integrated, comprehensive and successful social media strategy should be the topmost priority. The objective should be to create opportunities to convert conversations about your brand, product, category and business domain into competitive advantages.
It is ideal to start with questions like:
- What is the goal? Why Social Media?
- Who should we reach out to? The consumers or the decision makers? Who is the real audience?
- Where is the content? How do we communicate what we really mean?
- Why will people like this? Will they like it enough to share this?
- Can we make this an ongoing feature?
- How will we evaluate if this is working?
Contact Us to learn more about how ROEMIN Creative Technology can help you formulate a social media strategy and handhold you to make the most of the social media tools.