10 BENEFITS OF SELECTING JOOMLA AS YOUR CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Joomla is an open-source content management system that has been in active development for more than nine years, ever since it began to be developed separately from the Mambo project. It powers millions of websites around the world and has a wide range of plug-ins tailored towards every kind of conceivable activity. Joomla CMS customization is one of the most widely available services.
If you are currently trying to select a CMS for your Internet presence or Intranet use, here are ten benefits of using Joomla as your content management system.
- It’s open-source. Joomla development is not tied to a company: it’s developed by a community of programmers around the world, some of them paid by the largest Joomla users around the world, some of them independent. There is no company to milk you for money every year or on whose well-being to depend for support and continued improvement. Joomla development, from Melbourne to Quebec and from Tokyo to Buenos Aires, is a truly international activity.
- It’s easy to customize. Spanning directly from the open-source model is the fact that Joomla CMS customization is both simple — by design, because the code that powers it is available in the open – and accessible, as you can find people who can do it everywhere. You can find companies that offer Joomla Development anywhere in Australia. If you find yourself thinking “hey, this is good, but it would be better if it had this or that feature”, it can be done!
- It runs on a free stack. Joomla runs on something known as LAMP — Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP — a set of programs that are all free and open source. Of course, you can run it on Windows, too, although Linux and Apache or Nginx are usually preferred for their higher performance, but in any case, the software infrastructure you need to support a Joomla installation doesn’t cost a penny!
- Visual customization is bliss. Joomla CMS customization is not limited to functional features: you can customize every visual aspect of your website. In fact, Joomla’s feature base is so rich that much of the Joomla development is actually centered around the visual experience.
- Good internationalization support. Even if you do Joomla development in Melbourne, with and for an Australian company, it’s always a good idea to look towards possible international expansion. Joomla has advanced support for non-Latin scripts, like Arabic or Urdu scripts, and lends itself easily for deployment in Asian, Arabic or African markets.
- Advanced access control features. It’s easy to configure who can access and modify every section of your site, which means you can administrate a large content base without privacy breaches.
- Long-term support releases. CMS upgrades are tricky: they can involve downtime, you have to update extensions and plugins sometimes — in short, if you can avoid them without security issues, you should. Joomla makes it easy: every x.5 release (1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and so on) is a Long-term support (LTS) release, meaning that it receives security fixes which can be applied on-the-fly to a running instance, without downtime.
- Wide range of already available plug-ins. In many cases, you don’t have to pay for Joomla CMS customization! If the feature you need isn’t available by default, there’s a good chance it’s available in one of the more than 7,000 plug-ins that are publicly available.
- Easy installation. A company that can do Joomla development, in Melbourne or elsewhere, can get to work right away, because most web hosts have control panels that literally allow Joomla to be installed by clicking a single button. This reduces development and deployment time and helps you save money!
- Easy integration. Being open-source and easy to extend, Joomla can integrate with a wide range of tools, from website analysis systems to invoice-tracking tools. Joomla CMS customization allows you to effortlessly make Joomla fit in your business processes in a very short time.
There are many other things that make Joomla a great choice, but these are just the most popular selling points. The Joomla team’s website lists many success stories and case studies where you can find a lot of details which can help you get a better picture of whether, and how, selecting Joomla as your content management system can help you.